Powers Vitality Method Linda Powers CHN, CLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Powers Vitality MethodThriving Vitality TM
10 Essential Habits for Thriving Vitality TM
1.Drink more water.It is estimated more than 75% of people are chronically dehydrated…chances are you are one of them. Our bodies are two-thirds to three quarters water, every cell in your body needs water to properly function. So making sure you are taking in enough filtered water is essential to your vitality. Start with drinking ½ your body weight in ounces a day. Adding just a couple of drops of Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, or Grapefruit Essential oils to your water is a great way to naturally flavor your water and to assist in detoxify the body at the same time!
2. PositiveSelf Talk. Encouraging and supportive internal self talk is an important part of feeling great and healing on many levels. With practice, as you recognize negative self talk, stop yourself and then replace it with a positive affirmation.
3. Sleep.Your body needs adequate sleep seven to nine hours to heal and repair. This may mean that at least one day a week you let yourself wake up when your body is ready, no alarms or schedules. I love to use Lavender, Serenity or Balance essential oils on the bottom of my feet to ensure a good nights sleep!
4. Work on eliminating all processed foods.This includes fast foods, sugary drinks and packaged “healthy” snacks. If it was made in a lab or manufactured don’t eat it!
5. Eat a whole food plant base diet.Strive to eat 80% S.O.U.L. Seasonal, Organic, Unprocessed, Local. Foods. I invite you to think more about the micronutrients, the vitamins and nutritionally essential minerals, in the foods you eat. If and when you do consume animal products make it organic, free range, grass fed.
6. Sunlight.Sunlight is needed for your body to make Vitamin D which is important for your immune health. Just 15 minutes a day preferably in the morning is all you need to increase your energy production during the day and sleep better at night.
7. Physical Activity.Find some form of activity preferably outside, that you enjoy that gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat is an important part of feeling strong and filled with youthful energy. Find a friend and make new ones to workout with, you will help each other be accountable.
8. Eat your meals sitting down and in a calm environment.In order for you to properly digest and absorb nutrients from the foods you eat you must be in your parasympathetic nervous system where you’re body is at rest and can digest. If you are stressed and/or eating unconsciously you are in your sympathetic nervous system which is your body’s flight or fight response system. Taking a moment to give thanks for your food and your amazing body before you fuel it, will put you in the proper state of mind.
9. Prepare and cook 80% of your meals at home.You do not have to be a chef to make delicious and nutritious meals at home. Start your day with a green smoothie, brown bag your lunch and always have healthy snacks on hand. You will save a lot of money and not be tempted by the bread basket or other things that are not as healthy for you.
10. Spend time with the people you Love and in meditation/ prayer.Having strong and healthy relationships will nourish you Mind-Body and Soul. What better way to celebrate life than around good food and good company.